Friday, September 08, 2006

The First Post

Hello and welcome! If you're in Miss Nicholson's S2 Pre-Calculus math class, you've come to the right place.

Today in class each of us completed a questionnaire that told us what our preferred learning styles are. You may have a visual preference, an aural preference, a reading/writing preference, a kinesthetic preference, or any combination of these four.

Your first blogging assignment is to:
  1. Check out the link(s) in the paragraph above that matches your preferred learning style(s).
  2. Read through the study strategies and pick one or two that you would like to try. Note: if you cannot open the kinesthetic link, try this one.
  3. Leave a comment on this post describing your learning preference and one change you will make to your study habits based on the info you learned from the link.
To leave a comment:
  1. Click on the comment link at the bottom of this post.
  2. Type in your comment in the window that opens up.
  3. When you choose an identity, select other and then remember to write your first name only so that I can verify who you are.
  4. Match the word verification and select publish.
Remember our Blogging Guidelines as you write and don't forget to bring your signed Blogging Policy to class on Monday.

If you have time, I would really recommend checking out some of the other math blogs that are linked on the right side of this page to see what a great learning space you can make this.

Have a great weekend! See you Monday!

18 Comments:

At 3:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent blog

 
At 4:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My main learning preference was visual. After reading the information on the VARK website, I have decided that I will begin to look and textbooks or my notes, and pay attention to the images and examples when studying.

 
At 4:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Nicholson,
I posted my comment a few moments ago and I noticed that it is not showing up on here. I was just wondering if I did something wrong...

 
At 11:24 p.m., Blogger Miss Nicholson said...

Hi Keeley!

Nope! You did everything correctly. At the moment I have the blog set up so that any comments that are posted get e-mailed to me first so that I can make sure that everyone has understood our Blogging Guidelines before anything enters the Internet permanently.

Great work! Enjoy your weekend (and good luck with your visual studying!)

 
At 8:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i posted. And why can't we use chat language i don't like typing like this.

 
At 6:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've known that my learning preference was visual for a while, but i didn't know which methods to use when studying. i do now. thanks

 
At 6:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My learning preference was visual, and i don't know what else to say. Thanks for the tips.

 
At 9:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My learning preference was visual too...

 
At 7:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
This Is My Comment On The Blog, And My Learning Preference was Reading and Writing.

 
At 3:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi miss nicholson i was just making sure you got my comment i sent you. This is Kyle

 
At 9:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Nicholson this is Kyle. in the VARK work sheet I discovered learn orally.

 
At 10:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also am a visual learner.

 
At 10:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My learning style is reading/writing, but i use visual a lot too...and thats about it.

 
At 3:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi miss nicholson did you figure out how I solved your number

 
At 7:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My learning style is kinesthetic, I don't like reading and writing that much.

 
At 9:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My learning style is read/write, but I'm also a visual learner.

 
At 4:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss nicholson kyle can't get loged in so i can't do the blog can you give me another invetation

 
At 12:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew said....
My learning style is kinesthic. I will use pictures and photographs that illustrate an idea when I'm studying and I will try try to write paragraphs and practice answers to be ready for a test. Andrew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home